Monday 16 May 2016

Unreal Engine

I have imported my 3D model of my katana into the Unreal Editor and added some effects like ambient occlusion for example, and also added other things like roughness and specular and also metallic to give the blade a shiny realistic metal look. I took 2 screenshots of different perspectives to get a good view of my model. Some of the problems I encountered while using the Unreal Editor was that I had never used it before so I was unsure on how to use it and how to navigate around the editor, my solution to this problem was to mess around with the editor and see what some of the features do and weather it would fit with my katana. some of the choices I have made; For example I had to decide what effects to add to my model to make it more realistic and detailed, I also had to decide the positioning of the lights that I used and where they would go so that the light would be spread evenly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment