Monday 16 May 2016

Final Piece (Textured) 

This is my final render that I have rendered using Maya 2016. I have also added an area light to my scene to show the reflectivity of my model and to also create shadows to make it more realistic. To create the texture I used Photoshop as I made this texture by myself. I have rendered my model in several positions to give a good understanding of what my model looks like with the added area light. Some problems I encountered during this part of the project was making the material for the model, for example I used blinn which adds reflectivity to the texture applied to it, and lambert is the same but without a reflectivity, I had to assign different parts of the model to different materials for bits that was reflective and the bits that wasn't reflective. My solution to this problem was to just take the time and to go on every piece of my model and assign the specific material that was needed. Some choices that I have made during this project; for example 1 choice I had to make was to decide what materials to assign to different parts of my model, I also had to make the choice of  what sort of texture would I create, as I was going for a worn look on my model, I had to decide on how to make that piece of the model look worn.





UV's
These are the UV's that I created using photoshop, to create these texture I first took a snapshot of the UV's in Maya and then saved it as a .tga file. I then opened this file in Photoshop and immediately added a new layer. Then I set the UV layer as a screen layer which still makes it visibly through layers that are on top, so you know what you are texturing. I then just used the paint tool and applied the color I wanted according to the different parts of the UV. After applying the color to the UV I then used another brush that was the preset '59'. I then used this to give my texture a worn effect, to add more detail I also used a white color and added engravings into the blade to add history to it to make it look used. 
I also have a snapshot of the UV's without textures to show what the standards UV's look like. 


Final Piece
This is my final render that I rendered using Maya 2016, I also added an ambient occlusion to the render to create realistic lighting on the actual 3D model. I made this model also using Maya and also made the sheath as a separate model to go with the Katana. This model took around 1-2 weeks to make including all of the detail and assets I had to make during this process. I still have to UV and texture this model and potentially put it into the Unreal engine, but this is the final render of my 3D model. Some problems that I encountered were; trying to add an ambient occlusion effect to the render which adds realistic shading to the model. To solve this problem I researched about how to add AO and also asked for help of my tutors. after this I then was able to apply AO to my model. Some choices I have made for this part of the project were; what position I wanted my model to be in when I render, and also how much detail to include within the render to make it look better.


No comments:

Post a Comment