Monday 14 March 2016

Katana handle wrap experiment.
For my Katana’s handle wrap I was experimenting and tried to create something similar to final design, however my attempt failed  and I decided to research how to co create something similar.


After researching I finally created a design I am very happy with and I am going to stick to this design as I feel like it fits my Katana very well. 


Some of the problems I encountered with the katana handle wrap was, firstly I was unsure how to make my handle wrap as I was still new to maya and didn't know alot of the tools or their function. To solve this issue I received help from my tutors which then taught me about some different tools and techniques I could use in my model. Some of the choices I had to make for this part of the project was, how I wanted my handle wrap to look like and the style of the wrap, also how big or small I wanted each individual wrap to be. 


Software research

This is my software research, I have looked at how other artists have created a 3D model of a katana, I have created these pages of information about 4 different artists that have also created 3D models of katanas'. I have stated the programmes they have used and how they have used them to create the model, along with examples of their work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment