Monday 14 March 2016

14 Week Plan

Week
Session Activities
                  Personal Study Targets
1
Project introduction, Students working on producing their briefs.

Research / Planning / Proposal 
Create a mind map  and mood boards to create ideas for my project. Also start thinking about initial sketches to get an idea for my project.
2
Evidence gathering
Gathering Reference
Try and gather photos or images from the internet or primary sources to also use for ideas for my project. (Visit museums?)
3
All aspects of the my model, what I need to make.
Scene Breakdown
I need to think about all of the different assets of my model, like the blade, sheath, tsuba ect. I need to make, and how long it will take to make them.  I also need to also think about what sort of materials I need to use and how that will affect my texture.
4

Simple Block out
I will start in maya by placing a rectangle and making a basic blade model, and other assets of my katana. Like using a cylinder for the handle. This will then give a basic Idea of what I would like my katana to look like.
5

Modelling
I will make a very high detailed model also using Maya; I will do this by using basic shapes like the cube and the cylinder and modify them to fit my model. I will use a range of tools like the soft select tool for example to make a more realistic 3D model of my katana.
6

Modelling
7

Modelling
8

Uving
I will try and UV all of the assets of my model so they will be ready to texture. I will try and learn how to UV as I am still unsure about UVing and not very experienced with Maya. By this time I would have finished the modelling and move in to UVing as I need to finish the modelling to move further into the project. 
9

Uving
10

Uving
11

Texturing
I will texture the UV’s of my model with the color scheme I will decide in the future that fits my model well. I shall also give my katana a worn effect and try to represent this in the texture, as this is the sort of style I am going for in my model, a worn look. I need to have completed the UV ing stage to move on to the texturing, by this time I would have finished UV ing all of the assets to my model. 
12

Texturing
13

Unreal 4 / rendering
I will hopefully import my finished model into the Unreal Editor 4 and apply some screen effects to make it look more realistic and better than it already does in Maya. I will only move on to the Unreal Editor if I have completed all of the other stages to my project. By this time I would have completed all other stages in my project.
14

Finalization 
During the last week I shall go through all of my week and see if there are any improvements that need to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment