Tuesday 2 February 2016

This is my rendered final piece with added textures, I attempted to add ambient occlusion, but failed ad the UV's on my final piece are overlapping each other which prevents you from adding ambient occlusion.
I also made this, which is an experiment to show what a scene would look like when ambient occlusion is applied. The ambient occlusion worked on this scene because I moved around the UV's so they were not overlapping and the applied the ambien occlusion, I then messed around with the setting to find something I was happy with, then rendered it.
This is a screen shot of my UV's for my Final piece, there all overlapping and messy and this is why the ambient occlusion wasn't working when I tried to apply it to my Final piece.
These are the UV's for the models that I successfully applied the ambient occlusion to and as you can see they are all neat and positioned equally which is why the ambient occlusion was successful on this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment