Tuesday 19 April 2016

      Unit 9 Communication and Presentation survey.
This survey is to help you to understand the ways that you have communicated on this course. This will show us what you think of these ways of communicating and if we need to change anything in the coming years.  You can let us know what the advantages and disadvantages of these were.
Please answer each question as fully as possible.

 Verbal presentation skills.

In what ways have you verbally communicated your projects or ideas during this year?
I have communicated verbally about my project when I previously presented other projects to other classmates to explain what I will be designing / making in the project.

What were the difficulties in communicating in this way?  -
Difficulties in communicating this way are that maybe not everyone may pay attention when you are presenting your work.

What were the advantages?
The advantages of communicating this way are that people can voice their opinions and can give you ideas to help you in your project; they can also give you feedback which is also very helpful and an important part of the project.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment? -
Using these skills will help me in future projects as this will get me used to presenting my work to other people and strangers, and will therefore make me more of a confident person which will help me greatly.

Visual presentation skills.

In what ways have you visually communicated your ideas throughout your project? -
One way I have visually presented my work is when we had we had to leave our computers and visit 5 other people’s computer and visually observes their work.

What were the difficulties? -
The difficulties were choosing a piece of work for the observer to look at as they could only observe what was on the screen.

What were the advantages? -
The advantages of this were that you got various different types of feedback and ideas that could help you in your project or future projects.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment?
I could use these skills in future projects as it will help me think of other ways to present my work to people and help me gather various feedback and ideas from people which could help me in the future.

Final exhibition

How do you plan to show your work at the final exhibition?
I plan to present my work in the final exhibition by gathering some of my favourite work I have created over the past year and present it on a white board spreading out the work so people can see it clearly.

What other ways can you communicate to the exhibition visitors who you are as a games student/artist so that they understand who you are?
I could also communicate to the exhibition visitors by handing out my business card which I created, this has contact information on it so if they are interested in my work or like the look of my work, they can contact me.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment?

I think this will help me when furthering my education as I will have more of an idea of how to present my work more professionally make it more engaging to the visitors so it grabs their attention. 
Tutorials

I have researched tutorials online to help me with some difficulties I was experiencing during my project. This tutorial that I watched was on YouTube (Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brh1JRL9OoY ) This tutorial was on Maya and was showing how to UV a cardboard box, this helped my because I was having trouble UVing and did not quite understand it, however this tutorial helped me understand UVing better. By watching this tutorial I have now started to learn about UVing and gathered a better understanding of it. 

Another tutorial I have watched is a tutorial again on YouTube. (link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsUU-1EiH3U ) This however is a tutorial on rendering using mental ray in Maya. This tutorial has helped me render more detailed and realistic renders for my model during this project. By watching this tutorial I have learned about some settings and features withing the renderer that I previously did not know about, and have also gathered a better understanding about rendering and what more of the features and settings do and how they also impact my rendered model in different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment